Computer System Engineer
- Installation and maintenance of Windows-based networks: Windows Servers, Exchange Servers, terminal services, workstations, etc.
- Installation and maintenance of routers, firewalls, and switches from various brands including Cisco and Linksys.
- Repair service of desktop system, laptop computers, and printers.
- Security check with anti-virus and backup on the servers.
- Microsoft Office applications and various image editors including Adobe PhotoShop.
- Software installation on UNIX.
- Language facility: Japanese (native), English (continuously living in the U.S. since 1987).
- Arisu Communications, Hartsdale, NY (self-employed consultant)
- February, 2008 - present
Duties included consultation, design, installation, and maintenance of Windows-based networks, repair services of servers, desktop systems, and mobile computers, and website design and maintenance.
- DataServe Corporation, Elmsford, NY
- March, 2004 - February, 2008
Gained experience with integration and maintenance of Windows-based systems and network devices such as Cisco/Linksys routers and firewalls. Duties included pre-sales consultation, design, installation, and maintenance of Windows-based networks as well as repair services of desktop systems, mobile computers, and printers. Also responsible for telephone and onsite support for clients.
- The Norinchukin Bank, New York, NY
- June, 2003 - March, 2004
Acted as a liaison between New York Branch and the head office in Japan regarding all systems related interaction and concerns. Duties include developing solutions and/or recommendations to meet users' system related needs and maintaining/managing the hardware, software, system security in regard with users' access control and related documentation such as Policies & Procedures Manual and Contingency Plan Manual. System environment includes NT, AS/400, SWIFT Alliance, OPICS, EBS, and Lotus Domino/Notes Also responsible for providing users with troubleshooting assistance in the entire systems in the office.
- MKG Global Technology, Inc., Park Ridge, NJ
- August, 1997 - June, 2003
Gained experience with integration and configuration of Windows-based WAN/LAN environments. Duties included pre-sales consulting, design, installation, maintenance, and repair for Windows-based systems. Also responsible for telephone and onsite support for clients.
- State University of New York, Albany, NY
- August 1996 - May,1997
Gained experience with teaching college courses in language and culture. Duties include in-class lecture, tutoring, and grading.
OTHER COMPUTER EXPERIENCES
- Web site creation and maintenance for various purposes including small businesses, regional information, churches, and sports. >> list of my web design works
- Application programming including server-client software, operating system simulator, assembler, and database using SQL. Hardware experiments with CAD and logic circuits. Programming languages including C/C++, Pascal, Basic, Lisp, Prolog, Scheme, and assembly language in IBM 370 and PC.
- Researches in double byte coding system.
- English/Japanese interpreter for business presentations between IBM and NTT.
- New York Japanese Church, Tuckahoe, NY
Interim Chairman of the Governing Board
February, 2000 - October, 2000
Gained experience in leadership and in church operation. Responsible for organizing the weekly worship services, board meetings, and other church related programs. Secretarial works. Web site creation/maintenance. Fostered communication between the church and the district office. Continued to serve as a board member until January, 2003.
- State Government of New York, Albany, NY
English/Japanese interpreter (temporary)
July, 1996 - May, 1997
Duties included translation in the meetings between the state officials and government representatives from Japan.
- Church activities/volunteers: music for Sunday worship services, home page creation and maintenance, and computer system maintenance at churches and residences of staffs and members.
- Columnist: writer and English/Japanese translator for sports newsletters.
- Researches in history and culture of Japan, China, and Afro-American society.
- Kendo (3 years). Newspaper delivery (2 years).
- University of North Texas
B. A., Computer Science
B. A., History
- Piano: played for more than 20 years, performed in concerts, piano bar, and high school activities including daily chapel services and school plays; currently playing for Sunday church services.
- To watch combat sports such as wrestling, kickboxing, mixed martial arts, etc.
Westchester County, New York, U.S.A.